Monday, May 9, 2011

Random Bits of Fact

So, it's been a little over a week since I last posted. Not a whole lot is going on. My schedule is all thrown off in regard to writing/editing. Things have come to a halt with "Arabelle Wild." I'm not giving up on that story by any means, I just haven't written anything new in over two weeks. Editing of "Surrender" is also going pretty slowly. I think I'm on chapter seven right now and still have over 500 pages to edit. It's so unbelievably daunting at times, but I've decided to set a goal for at least two chapters each week, hopefully more. I just need to find a rhythm.

Currently I'm reading "City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare. I'm a fan of her novels, but I'm not that far into this new one yet so I don't know how I feel about it. I'm always wary of authors who continue a series after "the third and final installation." It makes me wonder if the story really should continue or if a new spin-off series should be created. In this case, "City of Fallen Angels" is book 4 in the Mortal Instruments series. Ehhhh.... we'll see.

I also recently finished "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and that was SUPER good. I can't wait for the movie to come out this summer. Speaking of summer movies what is everyone looking forward to? I know "Thor" is out right now and I'm a fan of the superhero movies, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm also looking forward to "Captain America" and many others. Yay for summer blockbusters, although I can't really understand why summer blockbusters can't happen year round.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read (and watch!) "The Help!" It's been on my list of books to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Help" is an excellent novel. You should read it before the movie. You have time, I'm pretty sure that the movie's coming out in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont really have much respect for Cassandra Clare and I refuse to read any of her books. She started as a popular Harry Potter fanfiction writer and gained notoriety when she was caught plagiarizing most of her stories. This incident caught the attention of publishing agents. It's like she got rewarded for what she did.

    here's the link of the more detailed account of her plagiarism:

    http://www.fanhistory.com/wiki/Cassandra_Claire's_Plagiarism

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of these allegations before... it's kinda sad. I never did finish the one I posted about here (I couldn't get into it). I can't stand plagiarism in any forms... it's a big reason why I took my stuff off FictionPress. Agh, this is a hard one. I don't think she's a particularly FABULOUS writer, but the stories in the Immortal Instruments were good. In the end it's sad when people get to where they are on the backs of other people instead of on their own two feet. Maybe next time I'll just borrow her books from the library...

    Anyway, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete