Saturday, August 31, 2013

Writing, Writing, Writing

I spent several hours last night and most of today writing AROUND THE WORLD TONIGHT. I'm on page 83. It feels good to write again. Although sometimes it's a little difficult. Some scenes come to me easily and others are a bit of a struggle to write. It takes a lot to keep from going back and re-reading/editing what I've done so far. I'm a strong believer in the first draft being written from the heart; then you go back and edit with your brain. Right now, I get the sense that it feels a little patchy in places. I'll need to go back in on draft two and smooth some things out. For now, things are going well. I have a feeling that it'll be a long weekend of writing, which is good. I've had a difficult week at work and I need to give my brain a break from that kind of thing. I need to reboot and writing is very therapeutic and peaceful for me. I feel like I could probably write for several more hours tonight, but my eyes are starting to hurt from staring at the computer screen for so long. Plus, I'm at a good stopping point. A place where I'll be able to pick it up easily--I hope.

I hope everyone's enjoying HOSTILE KISSES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment