Saturday, October 26, 2013

National Novel Writing Month

So, I still have five days before NaNo starts this year, but I created my account! I've also decided to work on the second book of my YA trilogy. Book two is titled VALLEY OF THE SHADOW. I wrote the first book (THE SPIRIT KEEPER) a few years ago now (yikes!). After I finished my MFA program I was unemployed for nine months. It only took a few months to write it and then I spent the rest of the time editing. The first book is 174,803 words (400 pages at 1.5 spacing). So... I might not finish book two with NaNo, but even though it's "national novel writing month" they tell you the goal is to write 50,000 words. As long as I hit that, I'll consider NaNo a success.

I have an outline for book two already, which is allowed. I also have about 3000 words, which isn't allowed. But, I'll just work to 53,000 words. That counts in my mind.

Anyway, I'm not yet sure how to add people as "writing buddies" but if you know how, add me and help keep me accountable and I'll do the same for you.

More updates to come!

2 comments:

  1. Any update on A Starter Boyfriend? :) I've been hoping you would release it soon! It's my all time favorite book and I seriously look forward to every one of your blog posts to see if you will give us an update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No update yet on A Starter Boyfriend. I want to work on some new writing projects (and finish at least one of them) before I dive into editing again. It's next on my list though. I'll revisit it after the New Year. Thanks for checking in :)

      Delete