Friday, December 20, 2013

Some Progress is Good Progress

I'm still working on KM6. It's a little slow going, but at least it's moving along.

I've known for a while that Killing Monsters (KM2) was not available on iTunes. I could NOT figure out what was causing this. I'd gone in and made updates and tried to figure it all out, but nothing I did worked. I happened to sign in to Smashwords yesterday and saw that I had an open ticket on the book (this is a new feature where other retailers can leave you messages). iTunes was rejecting the book because I had something like "killing memories can be purchased at Smashwords" in the front matter. I get it... they don't want me directing their customers to another site. Makes sense. So, I removed this line and hopefully it will be available soon.

I have a day off today (woot woot), so I plan on trying to write for several hours. I did hit a bit of a stall with KM6--I'd taken the book in a direction that I think I need to reverse (bringing Gregory Waller back into things). I think that's the wrong move. So, I'll work on that today and hopefully continue on.

For Adam fans, rejoice! He's making an appearance.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Just recently discovered your books and got totally addicted. Cant wait for the new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so chuffed KM6 is all systems go.

    Do you have a plan on how long it's going to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :c)

      I'm not sure how long it will be. Right now it's about 100 pages. I'm sure it'll probably end up around 350 or 400 pages. Hope you're well, Sammy!

      Delete