Saturday, April 12, 2014

Update!

So, it's been FAR too long since my last post. My apologies. I am disappointed to report that I haven't really been doing much that would keep me from blogging. It's been a bit of a crazy few months--lots of changes going on. I feel like I'm typically pretty good with change, but in reality, big changes are difficult for me. I started a new job at work (back in October, but it's been a wild ride so far), my sister is pregnant with twins, I'm looking for a new place to live, I've put 15 pounds back on and I'm eating everything in the world, and I'm trying to decide what I really want to be doing with my life. What I would give for the financial freedom to write all day long. I'd be popping out a new novel every few months. The last time I wrote a novel I was unemployed. I'm not saying I want THAT to happen again, but I miss writing. What I basically need to do is just force myself to take 1 hour of my 24-hour day and just sit down and write with no interruptions.
  
It's difficult to focus on much of anything with there are so many balls in the air. However, I have been making progress on my edit of A Starter Boyfriend. I finished my hardcopy edit a while a go -and I'm now editing on my Nook (page 147 of 312 pages). After this, I'm printing it out for another read (I hope to give it to my sister, but she's literally about to pop out some twins).

I haven't written any more on KM6.

I also haven't written any more on AROUND THE WORLD TONIGHT.

I haven't written.

My boss sent around a motivational video about leadership last week. I need to take the message here and apply it to many areas of my life. Especially, I need to apply it to the one thing that really makes me happy. Writing.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I understand where you are coming from. It takes weeks to get a routine that sticks when you are start working full time and there's family obligations etc. and you still want to see your friends every once in a while so you aren't a complete hermit...and what about sleep? Im going through the same struggle, haven't gotten a routine yet. I'll let you know if I find something that works. Im a night owl but next week Im going to try waking up an hour earlier and see how it goes...MajD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with trying a new routine! I feel like I've had a full-time job for long enough now that I should have a routine already :). I think it really is about carving out time and sticking to it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tanya, you certainly have a lot of change going on and I hope you soon get settled into a more 'normal' routine. I am sure once you do you can get back into your writing mode. It must be difficult working full time and trying to write. Hope all goes well with your sister, it must be an exciting time for your family.
    I look forward to hearing when you do get back to writing as I am a great fan of the KM series, Ive lost count of how many times I have re read these books and they still make me laugh.
    Good luck n take care

    Jill ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! It has been difficult for me to find a good routine when it comes to writing and working a full-time job. I think the problem is that I just haven't been making it a priority. I need to do that :). Thank you so much for your message and for re-reading the books! I hope I can give you something new to read soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Tatiana,
    It's great to hear from you. It sounds like your life is jampacked. I hope it all settles soon and your sister and the babies are happy and healthy :)

    I completely understand the struggle to do something you need/want to do amongst a hectic schedule. Good luck!!!
    Can't wait for A Starter Boyfriend!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, :)
    I hope you're doing well, Tatiana! Miss seeing your updates. I hope you are better adjusted to the changes in your life! Congratulations on being an aunt. I hope your sister and twins are doing well! :) Can't wait to read A Starter Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete